Ask

Johor Jaya Toastmasters Club International Speech Contest 2016/2017 22 February 2017 “She covers her whole body; she must be oppressed by her husband.” “She wears all black; she must be a religious bigot.” “She covers her head; she must be close-minded.” Contestmaster and my fellow Toastmasters, I can understand that you are amused that I just changed in front of you. And you feel that … Continue reading Ask

Call Me A Rider 2

Area A4 District 51 Toastmasters Humorous Speech Contest 2013/2014 “I modified my club level contest speech by incorporating some parts of my Advanced Project speech where I tested which parts audience laughed the most.” I have a secret. Many people thought I wear high heels because I feel elegant or they elevate my self confidence. But actually, I started wearing high heels because when I … Continue reading Call Me A Rider 2

Call Me A Rider

Johor Jaya Toastmasters Club Humorous Speech Contest 2013/2014 2nd Place When people loosely term all motorcyclists as mat rempit or minah rempit, I feel enrage. My fellow Toastmasters, Allow me to make it clear. Mat Rempit is the local term for illegal bike racers. They consist of probably 5% of the whole motorcyclists population in Malaysia. The rest, the 95% consist of those who either; … Continue reading Call Me A Rider

Call Me A Rider

Johor Jaya Toastmasters Club Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests September 11, 2013 1st Runner-Up   When people loosely term all motorcyclists as mat rempit or minah rempit, I feel enrage. My fellow Toastmasters, Allow me to make it clear. Mat Rempit is the local term for illegal bike racers. They consist of probably 5% of the whole motorcyclists population in Malaysia. The rest, the 95% … Continue reading Call Me A Rider

Toastmaster: Before and After

Years ago when I was in school, one day, I was walking from the dormitory to class with my roommate. Suddenly, a dog came running and barking at us. I was about to run when my friend grabbed my shoulder and said, “Don’t run. It’ll chase.” She took a few steps toward the dog and yelled, “Argh! Hah! Hah!” Contest chair, fellow toastmasters, beautiful people, … Continue reading Toastmaster: Before and After